True Crime News Weekly is operated by PR 4 THE PPL PTY LTD.
(ACN: 640 935 280 / ABN: 726 409 35 280)
Your Privacy & Our Principles
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under that Act). However, due to the nature of our business, from time to time, we will handle personal information relying on the media exemption in the Act where appropriate. In the event we do so, despite not being a member of the Australian Press Council, we will do our utmost to comply with its Privacy Standards as well. We may also rely on related bodies corporate, employee records and other exemptions in the Act. If you require further information on the collection and use of personal information in regards to journalism, please visit the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards at: www.presscouncil.org.au/privacy-principles.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Hold
We may collect the following types of personal information;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- social media profile names and other details of social media accounts;
- age or birth date;
- credit card / PayPal details
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence through our representatives or otherwise;
- information you willingly provide to us through phone, email or online to any of our representatives
Cookies & Online Tracking
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please contact us immediately. As a media organisation, we abide by the principles of the MEAA (https://www.meaa.org/meaa-media/code-of-ethics/) and take all reasonable steps to protect the identity of our news sources.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.